St. Mary’s General Hospital offers the full scope of cancer care, beginning with early testing; best-in-class equipment and treatment protocols, and personal support. Our acclaimed oncology team provides patients with the best possible outcomes using diagnostic and screening technology, radiation oncology, surgery, and inpatient care.
The newest tool in our arsenal against cancer is the state-of-the-art TrueBeam® Radiotherapy System which offers patients treatment that is powerful and precise, minimizing damage to surrounding tissue and in some cases offering treatment in less than five visits.
For further information, contact us at 973-365-5088
TrueBeam® Radiotherapy System offers patients treatment that is powerful and precise, minimizing damage to surrounding tissue and in some cases offering treatment in less than five visits.
The system enables your clinical team, led by an expert Radiation Oncologist, to treat your cancer without surgery using powerful, state-of-the-art radiotherapy individualized for your condition. During the treatment, the beam damages cancerous cells while minimizing the exposure of nearby healthy tissues and patients don’t feel a thing – it is completely painless and the amount of radiation is the same as getting a regular x-ray.
Benefits of True Beam
- Noninvasive & Painless – There are no incisions or surgery with TrueBeam.
- Fast and Effective Treatment – The ability to deliver higher doses of radiation faster means most treatments can be given in just minutes a day in less treatments.
- Precise Treatment – The tumor is treated in real time and targeting the tumor with pinpoint precision.
- Versatile – Delivers advanced radiotherapy or radiosurgery, giving doctors the flexibility to use whatever protocol is appropriate for your specific cancer.
- Individualized Treatment Plan – Every tumor is different, and TrueBeam can shape the radiation beam to match the size and form of most tumors accurately, regardless of their shape.
- Comfort and Security – A closed-circuit television system enables your radiation therapist to watch you during treatment, and two-way audio lets you talk with the radiation therapist.
St. Mary’s provides many other radiation therapy options, including the most advanced procedures and treatment technology available, including RapidArc® volumetric arc therapy, intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), and image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT).
In addition, the St. Mary’s General Hospital team includes excellent Hemotology Oncology who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of cancers of the blood and lymphatic system. We also boast one of the highest quality breast surgeons in the area along with a chemotherapy/infusion unit so compassionate that survivors actually come back to visit.
Early detection often offers the best hope for successful treatment. Through diagnostic and screening technologies, our experts are able to spot cancer and monitor the effects of treatment. Some of the other modalities used at St. Mary’s General include: PET/CT, traditional and breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear medicine, colonoscopy, 3-D mammography, breast ultrasound, and stereotactic breast biopsy.
For more information, please email our team at SMHP-CancerCenterTeam@primehealthcare.com, or call 973-365-5088.