Given the unique issues of these patients, the referral process has been streamlined to make access to care faster and easier for both patients and their doctors. Patients experiencing a behavioral health crisis can be referred in any of the following ways:
- From external facilities by calling our Intake Center at 833-310-1588.
- From any emergency department or psychiatric emergency services department. All patients presenting through the SMGH Emergency Department will be assessed by medical and psychiatric professionals and referred seamlessly to the Psychiatric Medical Care Unit when appropriate.
- Directly from SMGH inpatient medical units by calling 833-310-1588.
Patients will be admitted with a primary acute need for inpatient behavioral health treatment for conditions including, but not limited to:
- Acute Behavioral Crisis
- General Anxiety Disorders
- Major Depression Disorders
- Neurocognitive Disorders such as Alzheimer’s Disease
- Suicidal Thoughts & Behaviors
- OCD& Related Disorders
- Medication adjustments, and other related issues.