Mental & Behavioral Health
If you are having suicidal thoughts or thinking of hurting someone, call 9-1-1 and state that you are having a mental health emergency, or go to the closest emergency room.
St. Mary’s General Hospital provides comprehensive psychiatric and behavioral health services, which include both inpatient and outpatient services.
Click here for information on our state-of-the-art inpatient Psychiatric Medical Care Unit, located at 350 Boulevard, Passaic, NJ.
Located at The Seton Center, 530 Main Avenue, in Passaic, NJ, the St. Mary’s General Hospital Behavioral Health Services provides a wide range of programs and facilities enabling clients (children, adolescents and adults) of mental health services to function productively and independently. The primary goal is to help clients reach and maintain their highest level of function psychologically, socially, vocationally and economically. Our Behavioral Health programs features:
Adolescent Partial Hospital: 973-470-3176
- An after school treatment program for adolescents diagnosed with mental illness.
- The Program for Outpatient Wellness, Enrichment and Recovery (POWER) is an outpatient mental health treatment program for adults experiencing acute emotional distress who are at risk of psychiatric hospitalization. It is designed in a wellness and recovery framework to offer a more flexible model of care. The overall goal of the program is to provide a short term intensive service to help individuals reduce symptoms, increase coping skills, and enhance support networks to promote recovery.A multidisciplinary team provides individualized treatment, rapid response, seamless access, and removes barriers for people with mental health and co-occurring diagnoses. Services provided include comprehensive assessment, individual, family and group therapy, case management, referral and linkage, psychiatric evaluation, medication monitoring, creation of a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) and Psychiatric Advance Directive (PAD). POWER is an official State of NJ Intensive Outpatient Treatment and Support Service (IOTSS).
Outpatient Services: 973-470-3514
- An outpatient treatment program providing individual, group, family, psychiatric assessment and medication monitoring.
Residential Programs for Adults: 973-470-3507
- Providing various levels of residential services (including a crisis residential program) for adults diagnosed with a mental illness.
Residential Program for Adolescents: 973-470-3181
- Offering residential treatment to adolescents diagnosed with a mental illness.
Justice Involved Services : 973-470-3390
- Case management for adults diagnosed with a mental illness and who are involved in the criminal justice system.
Injection Clinic: 973-470-3580 or 973-470-3518
- Clinic available to adolescents and adults who utilize injectable psychotropic medications.
For more information on the Seton Center Behavioral Health Services, please call the main number at 973-470-3056.