COVID-19 is a novel virus that poses an unprecedented threat to our patients, especially those who are elderly, have underlying medical conditions or have compromised immune systems. Because of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak in New Jersey, and the United States, our visitor policy is continually updated and will be strictly enforced.
- All visitors must be 13 years of age or older (except for exceptions approved by the care team).
- All visitors must follow requirements on masking, symptom screening and other precautions. Failure to comply with this requirement could result in loss of visiting privileges.
- For patients confirmed with COVID-19 or under investigation: one (1) visitor will be permitted with proper PPE and ability to maintain physical distance for up to thirty (30) minutes. Failure to comply could result in loss of visiting privileges.
- No visitors are allowed for those who are immunocompromised, except for circumstances approved by the care team.
- No support person under self-quarantine is permitted to visit.
- Visitors will be asked to stay in the patient room for the duration of their visit. The use of waiting rooms will be strongly discouraged. In the event a visitor is asked to leave while care is provided, they will be directed to a designated area for the unit.