There are many caring individuals in the community who make a difference by volunteering their valuable time to St. Mary’s General Hospital. Volunteering at St. Mary’s General offers the opportunity to learn new skills, develop interests, and ultimately help those in need.
We are so excited you’re interested in volunteering with us. To maintain the quality of our program, our volunteers must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Dedicate a minimum of 6 months or 100 hours of volunteer service
- Commit to at least one shift per week for the same day, time and length (usually 4 hours); shifts may be shorter for Integrative Healing volunteers
- The minimum commitment is to work 4 hours a week in any assignment. The maximum hours per week a volunteer can work is 20. The exact schedule must be agreed upon between you and your supervisor/ preceptor.
- Attend a 3-hour volunteer information session and participate in ongoing training
- Complete a health screening including annual TB testing
- Complete a criminal background screening (Adults Only)
- Due to the high volume of volunteer applications that we receive, we are unable to grant service hours to every applicant. After careful consideration, each applicant is selected based on both experience and placement opportunities/availability. Because of this, please understand that not all applicants will be selected and/or contacted to volunteer. If your application is selected, you will be contacted and invited for an informational session/ interview. Those invited to join our team as a volunteer will be required to submit a completed health screening and background check authorization (18 years and older) before your volunteer assignment begins.
To complete your application, please click on the following link:
St. Mary’s General Hospital VOLUNTEER APPLICATION